Pages

Meanwhile...

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jeff Bridges considers retirement, to be replaced by his digital version


Actor Jeff Bridges was so impressed by the CG (Computer Generated) technology in Tron: Legacy, which he starred. In the movie, 60 year old Bridges played opposite a computer generated likeness of himself in his 30s.

Bridges explains, “This technology means I’d never have to work again in my life and I could still make films. I can say, ‘I’ll lease you my image’ and he adds, "I could theoretically quit acting, and employ my digital version instead."

60 year old Jeff Bridges (left) & his CG likeness of himself in his 30s in Tron:Legacy (right).
Bridges thinks we could see in future hybrids made up of our favourite actors. "In a few years they’ll be able to take aspects of three different actors and make a fourth character. It’s getting weird. They can say, ‘Let’s put Bridges in here, but I want a little Al Pacino in there – what the heck. Let’s see what kind of guy we come up with."

(Via The Inquisitr)




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Sinan says

Calibrate Your Monitor

Calibrate Your Monitor
You should be able to see each step in this greyscale separated, and the background should be neutral grey.